Data visualisations play a fundamental role in answering an important data question:”How does result A compare to result B?”. The Dumbbell Column Chart for Power BI Premium is especially strong at showing this comparison. Typical examples of these questions are:
How does the sales of this month compare to the sales of last month?
Number of documents have we processed this year compared to 2020?
How does the number of planned-visitors compare to the number of unplanned-visitors at our locations?
Key in answering these kind of questions is explicitly visualising the difference between the two results. This is the strength of the Dumbbell Column Chart for Power BI. Showing both the values and the difference between them.
Key features of the Dumbbell Column Chart for Power BI Premium
- Format the objects: Each of the data point objects (dot and line) can be formatted by selecting a color and size;
- The Axis formatting options are in line with the options you know from the Power BI Clustered Column & Bar Charts, so no need to learn a new interface;
- Selection & Highlighting: Like in standard Power BI Charts you can make use of the Selection & Highlighting functions within the Dumbbell Column Chart;
- Context menu: Like in standard Power BI Charts you have access to the context menu to Include/Exclude data points;
- Full tooltip support: Besides the default Tooltip behaviour (show the value of the element you hover) you can also add additional feeds to the tooltip.
- Full Bookmark support: like any of the standard visuals the Dumbbell Column Chart supports Bookmarks.